The following terms and conditions apply to the use of Smart ID Card(s) for performing Cashless Transactions within the Campus.
- Smart ID Card(s) must remain in control of the student or staff member (cardholder) at all times. Safeguarding and ensuring proper use of the Smart ID Card(s) is cardholders’ responsibility.
- Authorized staff may ask to see the Smart ID Card(s) for verification purposes.
- If a Smart ID Card is lost or stolen or physically damaged, Campus authority(ies) reserve the right to levy an administrative charge for a replacement Smart ID Card.
- Smart ID Cards remain the property of the issuer, School authorities in this case.
The Smart ID Card(s) Wallet Account, would be used to hold credits for use in making purchases from specified outlets across the Campus. Use of the Smart ID Card(s) for such cashless purchases is subject to these terms and conditions, which may be amended from time to time. Before first use, a Smart ID Card must be activated and the Wallet must be loaded with “Credits” to enable it to be used for cashless transactions within the Campus. Smart ID Cards can be activated at the time of collection or, later, at Campus authorized counters.
- The Smart ID Card is not a cheque, guarantee card or credit/debit card.
- The Smart ID Card can be used to perform cashless transactions within the Campus boundaries.
- A “Credit” loaded onto the Smart ID Card Wallet Account is a gift to the cardholder. Any “Credits” that may be refunded in accordance with the refund provisions set out below will go to the cardholder and not to other persons who may have uploaded funds to the cardholder’s Smart ID Card Wallet Account.
- When “Credit” is loaded onto the Smart ID Card Wallet Account, a specialist payment-processing provider processes the transaction securely.
- The Smart ID Card can only be used for purchases and transactions while the cardholder remains at the Campus as a student, employee or associate (registered with Information Systems).
- Once an online payment has been made to load “Credits” onto a Smart ID Card Wallet Account, the credits would be transferred instantly to the students account and the card would be ready to be use.
- “Credits” may be loaded onto the Smart ID Card Wallet Account via the web or by visiting Campus authorized counters.
- The following locations will allow the use of the Smart Card for making purchases.
- 1. Food and drink purchases from catering outlet
2. Stationary and uniform from the respective outlets in-campus.
3. Purchase of tickets for events, excursion fee and fundraisers and on any other authorized outlet as specified by Campus authorities from time to time.
- A Smart ID Card, which is damaged, defaced, altered or subject to misuse is not valid and cannot be used. In these situations, any purchases will be required to be paid for by replacement card temporarily issued by Campus authorities
- If a Smart ID Card is stolen, lost, damaged or otherwise unusable the holder must notify the school authorities as soon as reasonably practicable by contacting them either via phone of in person. On receipt of this notification the issuer will invalidate the card at the earliest practicable opportunity.
- Any funds transferred from a lost/stolen/damaged Smart ID Card Wallet Account onto a replacement Smart Card Wallet Account will be available for use immediately.
- The institution authorities do not undertake to provide refunds whilst the cardholder continues to be a student or an employed member of staff.
- Refunds of unspent “Credits” held on a Smart ID Card Wallet Account will be provided only in the following situations:
- when the student graduates or formally leaves the Campus;
- when the member of staff is no longer employed by the School/ University; or
- if the associate who has a Smart ID Card has ceased involvement with the School/ University. To obtain a refund of unused funds held on a Smart ID Card Wallet Account, the cardholder must request the refund within 4 weeks of ceasing their involvement with the School/ University. Any refund will be limited to funds uploaded via the online payment system and/ or manual credits loaded via Campus authorized counters, and will not include any unused discounts or non-cash benefits which may have been given or applied to the card by the School/ University.
- An administration charge may be levied for any refunds; accordingly, requests for refunds will only be accepted where the unused funds exceed a pre defined minimum value.
- Unauthorized use of another Smart ID Card to obtain goods, services or other benefits will be treated as serious misconduct and may result in disciplinary action being taken.
- Please protect the Smart ID Card and treat, as you would cash.
Online Payment Terms and Conditions
Upload of Funds
- Any person may upload “Credits” onto a Smart ID Card Wallet Account. The uploading of any sums by or on behalf of the cardholder does not in itself indicate the existence of a contract between the School/ University and the cardholder. No contract shall exist between the School/ University and a person using online system to upload funds to a card where that person is not the cardholder.
Refund of Any Balance
- Whilst the cardholder(s) continues to study at or be employed by the School/ University, “Credits” on their Smart ID Card Wallet Account can only be used for purchases and payments in respect of School/ University services, and no refund will be given.
- If the cardholder(s) formally leaves the School/ University, a refund of unused credits on their Smart ID Card Wallet Account will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of use of the Smart ID Card. Credit(s) uploaded to a Smart ID Card Wallet Account is a gift to the cardholder. Accordingly, any refund will be made to the cardholder only, and persons other than the cardholder shall not be entitled to a refund of any funds they have uploaded to that Smart Card.
- All payment details, which are entered through the payment gateway, are encrypted. The site is secure using 128-bit encryption to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site.
- The School/ University shall not be liable for any failure by the user of this online payment system to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such other persons, during the Online Payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the Online Payment process.