- Metrics Technologies is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Privacy Statement applies to our website (www.metricstechnologies.com) and myCampusMonitor portal (Portal) and governs data collection and usage. By using our website and portal, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
- This Privacy Statement, and any terms and definitions in it, should be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions (myCampusMonitor) contained on our portal and available in hardcopy on request. If any part of this Privacy Statement is inconsistent with any term set out in the Terms and Conditions, the terms of this Privacy Statement will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
Collection of Your Personal Information
- Metrics Technologies collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. We also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age and gender.
- There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by us. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. We use this information for operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our Web site.
Use of Your Personal Information
- Metrics Technologies collects and use your personal information to operate the Web site and deliver the services you have requested. Where the services you have requested are delivered by another party, we may provide your details to the other party to allow them to perform the services required.
- Metrics Technologies would also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from our affiliates and us. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Credit card details entered into our portal by you are transmitted using 128 bit SSL encryption to the e-commerce gateway provider, where they are held by that provider for the purpose of processing payments arising from your use of the Web site. Your credit card details are not recorded or stored by us and we will not provide your credit card details to any other third party.
- Metrics Technologies shall disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Metrics Technologies; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Metrics Technologies Web site, or the public.
- Our Web site uses “cookies” as part of the normal operation of the site and the Web site may not work if your browser has cookies disabled. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able use the services.
Security of Your Personal Information
- Metrics Technologies secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Metrics Technologies secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of the 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to This Statement
- Metrics Technologies will occasionally update this Privacy Statement to reflect school and community feedback. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Metrics Technologies is protecting your information.
- Metrics Technologies welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at “email@example.com”. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.